There is nothing better than taking something that is old, and making it new and exciting all over again.
If you have kids I am sure you have an enormous collection of broken crayons sitting in a container somewhere in your house...well it is time to give them new life!
What you need:
-Silicone mold or muffin pan
1. Gather all your broken up crayons and peel of the paper labels (Crayola brand melt better than other cheaper brands)
2. Separate crayons into different color families or favorite color combinations
3. Cut crayons into small pieces and fill mold (you might want to spray the mold with oil first)
4. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crayons have melted
6. Allow mold to cool; then pop out crayons
-Don't use a silicone mold that you plan to use for food in the future.
-If you are using a muffin pan you can line it up with aluminum paper, so you can reuse it for food.
-You could also melt the crayons in the microwave (use a microwave safe container), and then just pour the melted crayons into the molds. This technique works better if you are planning on making layered color crayons.